Hot oil treatments have been known to:
- Strengthen hair
- Reduce dryness on the scalp and hair
- Help with dandruff
- Reduce frizzy hair
- Help lessen split ends
- Promote blood circulation in the scalp which may help grow hair
Choose oils that are made with truly natural & organic ingredients. Like, the Herbal Hair Oil! Made with organic infused herbs and organic oils that have properties to help boost your hair health, naturally! Synthetic ingredients can cause a reaction especially if you have sensitive skin.
Here's a simple How-to:
1. First, wash your hair. Hot oil tends to work best on clean hair. This allows the oil to deeply penetrate the hair cuticle.
2. Once you’ve washed your hair, warm 3 to 6 tablespoons (or more depending on how much hair you have). I heat my oil in a saucepan. It usually takes less than a minute to warm. I don't recommend ever using a microwave, for anything.
3. Before applying the oil to your damp hair and scalp, test a small amount of the oil on your wrist to make sure it’s not too hot.
To protect your clothing, place a towel over your shoulders. If you prefer, you can apply the oil in the shower.
4.Run a brush through your hair to get rid of any knots.
5. Apply the oil evenly throughout your hair and massage it into your scalp.
6. Cover your head with a shower cap and wait up to 20 minutes (or up to an hour).
After 20 minutes, completely rinse out the oil from your hair, and follow up with your normal conditioner.
Try giving your hair a healthy boost with a hot oil treatment!