Earth Essentials by Erica: Photo of Calendula Herbal Oil
"Calendula strengthens the heart exceedingly." (Culpeper)
Hi everyone! Welcome to www.earthessentialsbyerica.com and thank you for stopping by!
Summer is one of the most evocative seasons, the meadows are sprinkled with colorful flowers, and the scent they emanate, warmed by the sun, is a real delight!
This is precisely the season when the beautiful Calendula flower blooms!
Calendula is a flower with beautiful orange color and is famous for its medicinal properties, it is used in cosmetic preparations and for other home remedies.
A real "cure for everything" in-home remedies prepared by grandmothers!
However, not everyone knows that it is an edible flower and can be eaten! If well washed, the petals can be used in salads or for desserts and their buds can be preserved in vinegar. Incredible right?
A BIT OF HISTORY!
The word Calendula comes from the Latin "Kalendae", or Calende, the first day of the month in the Roman calendar. The name was given in reference to the monthly summer flowering of this wonderful flower.
The history of this plant is really ancient and full of legends; its origins come from the Mediterranean areas but are now grown all over the world due to its officinal properties.
Calendula is like a light caress on a child's face, a relief, a gentle kiss on the cheek that relieves injuries in the body and restores wounds in the soul.
Collecting Calendula flowers is something that calms the heart and relaxes the spirit, almost like a meditation; if you have the possibility to do that, give it a try!
For ancient Ayurvedic medicine, Calendula is a symbol of well-being and healing and is used to treat digestive problems, eyes and as a valuable aid for insect bites.
In India, huge garlands of Calendula flowers are composed to decorate temples during the feast of the goddess Durga, a symbol of female creative energy and has been adopted as a flower symbol in Hindu festivities for its meaning of purity.
It is an extremely healing flower and helps to deal with physical, mental, and energetic problems in the best possible way; it leads people towards healing with gentleness and delicacy. It repairs and strengthens our Aura by increasing our self-esteem, vitality and self-confidence, repairing the energy fields and giving us protection.
Like its flowers opening under the warm summer sun, Calendula helps anyone who is struggling, to open their heart and communicate with others in a clear and kind way.
A true lucky flower, which brings the desire to communicate, success and well-being.
Wow! Extraordinary, isn't it?
Let's see what are its benefits for your body and your skin
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE CALENDULA FLOWER?
All parts of the plant are used, as it is rich in beneficial active ingredients such as vitamin C, flavonoids, mucilages, resins, carotenoids, and essential oil.
Flowers and leaves can be used both fresh and dried for the preparation of decoctions, mother tinctures, and ointments.
Antispasmodic action on abdominal and menstrual pain.
Anti-inflammatory property and is indicated in cases of gastritis, ulcers, and other pathologies.
Antiseptic and healing action.
Soothing and emollient properties in case of burns, wounds, and skin redness.
Lowers cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CALENDULA OIL?
Calendula herbal oil is a viscous liquid with a bright yellow to greenish-brown color and is obtained from the maceration of the flowers. Its scent is acrid and herbaceous and is also used in prestigious perfumery.
Perfect for soothing the delicate skin of babies.
It counteracts and prevents the formation of the breast's fissures during breastfeeding and helps to heal those already present.
Nourishes and moisturizes chapped, dry, and delicate skin.
Ideal for applying on sunburns, dermatitis, and insect bites.
Calming effect on acne-prone skin.
A symbol of the sun and fire that will help to heal your mind and your body for complete well-being!
Chamomile & Calendula Baby/Sensitive Skin Set: Perfect for babies or sensitive skin!
Try our fantastic products that contain Calendula! You won't regret it, promise!
- Calendula Oil The ideal product to heal your skin thanks to its antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties!
- Calendula Sugar Scrub Helps exfoliate & nourish your skin. This scrub is wonderful for brightening and soothing your skin. Great for all skin types including sensitive skin!
- Calendula Soap Unscented Coconut oil free soap infused with calendula & colloidal oats is a vegan-friendly, gentle enough for baby's skin. Calming and soothing properties will help soothe dry or irritated skin while the healing power of this natural plant extract supports wound healing!
- Deodorant, the best natural deodorant packaged in Earth-friendly materials.
- Hemp Seed Face Oil This lightweight face oil helps balance, moisturize, and soothe skin. It's been created to support all skin types including reactive & acne-prone skin. It absorbs quickly into your skin leaving it clear, soft, supple & nourished!'
- Naked Face & Body Cream, repair, soften & moisturize your skin. Perfect for face, hair, and body!
- Love Potion Body Oil to uplift your mood with its amazing floral & herbal scent!
- Herbal Face Steam helps with inflammation, dehydrated skin, fine lines, boost circulation, loosens debris, unclog pores and calm your body and mind.
- Spring Sunrise (seasonal)! When you feel down, uplift your mood and feel amazing with this product line.
Ready to support your body and mind with Calendula flower?
Don't forget to check out our amazing products at www.earthessentialsbyerica.com !
This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. For educational purposes only.